Hi everyone, welcome back! I hope you are having an awesome week so far. I know it is getting more and more challenging to stay at home and stay sane. So, today I wanted to give you guys some tips to organize your life while we are all staying in. Don’t let your house and your mind get all cluttered while staying at home. Here are some tips I recommend to get your life organized.
1. Create a Morning Routine: I know I have talked about it time and time again. I guess that just means that I truly believe in it and the effects it has had on my life. If you missed my post all about creating a morning routine click here.
2. 10 Minute Tidy: I know cleaning your entire house can be extremely overwhelming. I live in a two-storey house and I know how tiresome it is to clean. That is why I implemented the 10-minute tidy, set a timer and get as much done in that 10 minutes as you can. Does anyone remember the 10 seconds tidy-up song from Barney? Well, the same just a little longer.
3. Write a To-Do List Everyday: As I have talked about in other posts, I think it is very rewarding to be able to check things off a list. It helps to feel accomplished and productive throughout your day even if it is doing mundane tasks around the house.
4. Break up your Week: Do not try to go all out and clean your whole house in one day. You’ll end up being miserable and most likely less productive. I suggest you break up your week into smaller cleaning tasks. For example, dedicate Mondays to laundry, Tuesdays to dusting, Wednesdays to vacuuming, etc. By the end of your week, the house is clean and you do not have to spend your Saturdays’ cleaning.
5. DECLUTTER: If you have some free time, watch the Netflix series Tidying Up with Marie Kondo. Trust me she will get you inspired to declutter literally anything and everything in your house. Getting rid of things, you no longer use or wear is so liberating.
6. Store Seasonal Clothing: Instead of the excess clothes you aren’t going to wear, taking up extra space in your closet, store them away. This gives you an excuse to declutter your seasonal clothes every time you take them out/put them away.
7. Clean as you go: This can honestly be in relation to anything. Clean as you go while you are cooking, clean as you go when you are doing your makeup. Instead of leaving a huge mess for the end and being exhausted to clean it, you use something you put it away where it goes immediately.
8. Run the Dishwasher at Night: Dalton and I have really tried to implement this into our everyday routine. One of us loads up the dishwasher at night, turns it on and the other one unloads it in the morning. It’s so nice to wake up to your kitchen being free of dishes. Especially with us eating every meal at home lately, dishes have been out of hand.
9. Vision/Mood Board: I know this one is kind of lame and we have all heard it 1000 times. So maybe you do not have to cut out pictures from a magazine and put them on a Bristol board. An inspirational quote as your background on your phone or some visual goals as your computer background is more than enough.
10. Spray and Squeegee: Clean your shower after every use, it’ll make the shower cleaning process so much easier. It can be a daunting task to clean your shower. You have to get in it, scrub the walls and you inevitably always somehow end up getting wet. Just a terrible task. This will be a lifesaver and it only takes an extra minute at the end of your everyday shower.
“Organization isn’t about perfection it’s about efficiency, reducing stress and clutter, saving time and money and improving your overall quality of life.”
– Christina Scalise
11. Clean your Makeup Brushes: It’s a task all of us ladies forget about. However, it is extremely important to be cleaning these at least once a week as it is very easy for bacteria to grow on them. This can lead to all sorts of problems but mostly breakouts.
12. Make your Bed: I try to make my bed as soon as I get out of it. I say try because I am not the best at it and is something new that I have started every morning. It makes your bedroom look more put together and it stops you from climbing back in and scrolling for awhile or hours.
13. Wash your Loofa: Whether you use a loofa or some other scrubbing tool to cleanse your body, go and throw that in the washing machine NOW. It’s probably been a little while since you thought about washing this. However just like the makeup brushes you should be washing this once a week. It can grow all kinds of bacteria from the moisture from the shower.
14. FILE PAPERS: Does anyone else just have random papers floating around their house? I know I do. Whether it’s mail, a reminder I wrote down 3 months ago or a TO-DO list, they are everywhere. I started filing important things immediately and anything that is not considered important, throw it away, it is clutter.
15. Drawer Organizers: I always save the best for last. Drawer organizers have been something I cannot live without. I usually buy them from IKEA as they are affordable, and they work so well to break up your drawers into smaller organized sections. It is the little things in life!
That is all I have for you guys today. I hope you found some great tips to add to your cleaning/organization routine. If you haven’t done so, get your entries in for our giveaway closing this week. We will be selecting the lucky winner on Friday, May 8th. Keep updated on our social media accounts to see if you are the winner. Until next time guys please stay safe and healthy.